“If our hopes of building a better and safer world are to become more than wishful thinking, we will need the engagement of volunteers more than ever.” – Kofi Annan
The Las Vegas Southwest Rotary also supports Rotary International where we just don’t focus on our needs in Southern Nevada but we also work on international and global programs, campaigns and initiatives. Some of things that our Club participates in includes the following:
- One Drop – A non-profit organization established in 2007 by Cirque du Soleil Founder Guy Laliberté which strives to ensure that water is accessible to all, today and forever. Read More.
- Water & Sanitation -Rotary International is known throughout the World as the catalyst for eliminating polio from the face of the earth; Rotarians collectively have given more than 500 million dollars towards this project. Read More
- Water Collecting Cisterns – The Club funded the building of water collecting cisterns in Castillo Brito, Campeche, Mexico. Read More
- Medical Mission – Club members donate their time and fund their expenses to staff Red Cross clinics in Sinaloa, Mexico. Read More
- India National Polio Immunization Day – As part of Rotary’s efforts to eradicate polio from the World, a member of our Club was part of India’s National Immunization day in 2008. Read More
- Humanitarian Help – Through the efforts of another past president, Chris Publow, the Club has helped the children of Nepal and Butan.